Sometimes I wonder why I blog. I'm not a photographer (obviously) or a professional blogger, so I'm not going to pretend to keep up with those who are. But regardless of if anyone reads or not, this corner does help keep me organized. And I think it actually has helped some people. If you've been here for any amount of time, you have more than a good idea of how we eat each week. So in the future, posts may pop up more randomly, or not at all if I don't feel like it. Don't be alarmed. I still like writing. I'm just giving myself permission to create some space if real life happens to warrant it.
Stuff from last week:
- I made these sugared cranberries. Because I had a bag of cranberries in the fridge and they looked pretty. I think I'm the only one who liked them. They'd be a beautiful cake embellishment.
- Speaking of cranberries, will someone make these cranberry bars for me???
- I made this super easy peppermint fudge for a cookie exchange and party. It was way too sweet for me. That's good, I didn't want to eat it.
- We made banana bread waffles with the kids over the weekend. The recipe is from The Paleo Kitchen.
- Oh, and last week, we actually did make the gingerbread cookies! Personally, I love how molasses-y they are.
|(we do have Christmas cookie cutters, I promise)|
OK, enough of the junk, seriously.
What we're eating this week:
crock pot chicken tortilla-less soup
I made this way harder than it is (it is actually super easy and that's part of the reason I love it) because I had to make my own salsa beforehand. But then I had leftover salsa to eat with eggs. Bonus!
garbage-free chicken nuggets
I always save pickle juice in hopes that I will be motivated to make these. Yum.
burgers, salmon, taco salad… boring but delicious dinners
German bratwurst, sauerkraut (but not the kids of course), potatoes
I love the idea of a week's worth of NO-CHOP side-dish vegetables!
I will be going to Trader Joe's, so I might pick up a few of these things.
My kids have been picky eaters lately. What's up with that? It is annoying.
I forgot to buy cream at the store, so I made my paleo coffee creamer for the first time in a long time… and I didn't like it as much :(
P.S. I hate the word creamer. Just give me some cream.
Your story matters.
I'm reading this story right now.
And, because it is winter break, I have a bunch of other books reserved at the library, too. :) :) :)
I must be a teenage girl at heart because this under $20 gift round-up reminded me of a bunch of stuff I didn't know I always wanted. Seriously. I'd love just about anything on the list. Except make my water bottle a glass one, please.
(I'm too lazy to use any affiliate links today, but if you order from Amazon because of me, I'd appreciate you clicking through on the sidebar. Many thanks.)
Have a great week!